Darren Duke June 9 2011 03:58:51 PMWhile you won't see it anytime soon (my guess is October) you should be aware of some great features making it's way into this release. Again, this is in a 1/100th point release, so kudos for IBM for adding new features.
(As usual this is beta software and functionality covered in this post has no certitude of being included in the product)
This is no means an extensive list but these are the things currently floating my boat....
- Ability to move server based full text indexes to another drive. This was asked at LS11 by a suave, sexy, sophisticated blogger/podcaster....aka me, so I am very happy to see this.
- Machine specific policies. I asked for this somewhere (Ideajam maybe?) a long, long time ago. It is even more useful now with the advent of managed replicas
- Purge Interval Replication Control (PRIC) - we've all seen it....old deleted documents replicated back into a database (like the DomDir) after the deletion stubs have expired. Here is the fix (I was asked for this just yesterday!)
- Re: and Fwd: are now ignored when you sort by subject
- New mail popup. Like Outlook does and the plug-in available on Greenhouse.
- Complete control of color of unread email (I think this is in Notes, not sure about iNotes)
- Multiple signatures. Yes. Multiple signatures.
- Even better control of "Recent Contacts". This is actually starting to get useful
- Sametime embedded is now 8.5.1
- Symphony is now 3.0
- A tool is provided to change a single user install to a multi-user install. I really like this. Could have saves some of my clients months on their roll outs.
- Smart upgrade of Windows Vista and Windows 7
- ID Vault works in Citrix XenApp
XPages and Domino Designer related ones
- Full text sorting
- SCM is now sort of integrated
- HTML 5 attributes added to XPages controls
- XPages preload applications at server startup time (whooooo)
- Code aggregation makes JS and CSS files much faster to load
- Dojo 1.5.0
- Much simpler i18n support
- Traveler only wipe on iShiny devices (partial wipe)
- Widgets for Android devices (calendar and mail)
- Much improved Android instalaltion
- Schedule, reschedule, cancel and modify on calendars on Android
- "tap to dial" for phone numbers in Android calendar entries (my pet peeve is now fixed)
- Group name lookup support
So there you have it. There is lot of useful, nice, handy and "must have" features coming in 8.5.3. Betcha can't wait right?
- Comments