Ever since STS and some clients upgrade to 12d to allow of R8 compatibility, we have been plagued by failed backups. Anyway after moving some of the internal STS servers around this weekend I decided to do some investigations.

From the posts on this forum https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=be12_lotus&thread.id=4 I changed the registry per instructed and I am at last able to back up Domino fully again and no more belnapi.exe errors in the Domino console.

In short:
On the Domino servers:
HKLM\Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\DOMINO
Changed Enable Change Journal to 0
Changed Enable Notes Databse Filtering to 0
Restarted services...
Darren Duke   |   July 5 2008 03:39:50 PM   |    backupexec  Tips    |  
  |   Next Document   |   Previous Document

Discussion for this entry is now closed.

Comments (2)

Gravatar Image
1 - Colin Williams       07/13/2008 5:13:15 PM

Good stuff Darren, thanks for sharing.

I had similar problems here with a brand new install of Domino 7.0.2 FP2 and BE12d SP1.

The fix above looks to have fixed it.

Gravatar Image
2 - Darren Duke    http://www.simplified-tech.com    07/15/2008 5:45:24 AM

@1, I should have also mentioned that I still occassionally see the error on the Domino console but it still works, and the frequency of the error is significantly reduced.

Something else worth pointing out is when you update BackupExec on the server, remember to update any remote agents too.